I'm a Project manager with engineering experience. My role is to preach a great mission, unite people into productive teams, and inspire to work together to achieve highest goals. I can take over all the operational activities of your technical department, giving you much time for strategic decisions and actions.
I have 15+ years experience in the web industry including people management, architecture designing, devops and coding. Stand as a bridge between business and coding worlds as a good communicator, evangelist and leader. Administrator and process-oriented guy. Can speak with coders on their language and always take care about your business needs.
I'm open-minded, punctual and honest person. I like to work with honest and open professionals. I always say what I think, and always respond for my words.
Hands-on guy, problem solver, have advanced soft skills, have entrepreneurial experience and proactive way of thinking. Looking for new challenges, big responsibilities and opportunities to make the world better.
Skills and experience:
What I do:
- product and project management in the Agile/Scrum manner;
- take care about relations with your customers and partners;
- lead the team, including interviewing, hiring, firing, solving motivation problems;
- implement full cycle of software development: from requirements gathering and design to continuos integration, quality assurance, deploy, monitoring and support;
- maintain technical documentation and prepare technical press releases;
- sometimes work alongside with engineers to fix urgent problems :)
- coding on Ruby on Rails, Symfony and Backbone frameworks in a testable functional manner respecting the patterns like REST and SOLID;
- distributed service-oriented (also known as "microservices") architecture;
- practical knowledge of building and testing event-based loose coupling systems;
- API and SDK building and maintaining;
- AMQP queues with advanced routing (RabbitMQ);
- NoSQL, Key-Value and Entity-Attribute-Value (EAV) storages;
- highload (worked in project with 200+ hardware servers and 4k request/second);
- single-page applications with websockets as a transport;
- performance profiling;
- kvm virtualization and docker-based environments in production;
- Git, Capistrano, Apache/Nginx, OpenStack, Zabbix, Jenkins, Teamcity, AWS.
Roles I'm looking for:
- Project manager / product owner in web-related projects;
- VP of engineering or CTO in ruby/php projects;
- Technical cofounder at startup.
(In our country we are using Facebook for business contacts instead of LinkedIn. You can also see recommendations at LinkedIn)
- Alexander Volochnev, Senior PHP developer "SAITOW AG", Germany;
- Sergey Kotyrev, CEO at "UMI.CMS";
- Eduard Andreev, COO at "UMI.CMS";
- Anton Solonchuk, CFO at "UMI.CMS";
- Alexey Bakhtiarov, CEO at "Infobox";
- Ann Zyabreva, CEO at "Infobox"'s web-development department;
- Yuri Vaysman, CEO at "Artics";
- Vasiliy Loskutov, CEO at "SeoBox";
- Timofey Kvachev, CEO at "Trinet";
- Yuri Shilyaev, CEO at "Artics" department in Belarus;
- Phil Kulin, CEO at "Diphost";
- Ivan Kuts, CEO at "FriendlyTeam.Ru";
- Oleg Petrachev, CTO at "Sprinthost";
- Vasily Steshin, CMO at "Artics";
- Rustam Narmanov, Head of the system administration department at "Fotostrana";
- Ilya Korolev, CTO at "Fotostrana";
- Stanislav Golenzovskiy, Head of the support department at "UMI.CMS";
- Roman Lukmanov, Head of the testing department at "Fotostrana";
- Anton Utkin, PHP developer at "Era Trading House";
- Sergey Poulikov, Team lead at "Artics";
- Juri Vertrau, Head of design department at "Mail.Ru";
Currently I’m looking for a new job remotely or with relocation to other country.
Contacts and profiles
+ or skype: grigoriydobryakov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia (remote work or relocation are available)
Key positions and achievements:
Started in web industry at 1998.
In 1998-2004 engaged in free-lance work, active sales and manage the creation of commercial web-sites in some web development companies of Saint-Petersburg.
Web-development department of “Infobox”.
VP of engineering
Staged the processes of development, documents flow and sales. Directly managed project development.
"SPN Ogilvy / Digital media".
Head of Development, Lead developer
Build a team. Developed own content management system specially designed for media-content. Oversaw the creation of web-sites for the company products.
"Artics" Internet agency.
VP of engineering
Engaged in development, management, finance planning and interaction with the business units (departments) in other cities. Developed workflows for programming, testing, and "post-production" support for customers.
“UMI.CMS” (also known as "Umisoft" company).
Chief technology officer (CTO)
Formed and implemented complete production cycle for UMI.CMS from requirements gathering to publishing and support newest version of the product. Provides all the necessary infrastructure: office equipment, test farms, backups, telephones, even preparation of an engineering communications (in new building) for the whole office relocation. My job became a foundation for launch new "cloud" project UMI.Ru
Social network “Fotostrana”.
Head of External API Department, TDD Manager
Stabilized the external API of the project (for external games and applications), developed and implemented the automatic testing system.
Hosting company “Sprinthost”.
VP of engineering, Architect, Project manager
Formed and implemented the automatic deployment processes. Organized the fail-save operations with DNS for customers. Designed and implemented the high-performance, fault-tolerant computing platform on principles of SOA-architecture, which was intended to become a foundation to russian analogue of Amazon AWS.
“Era Trading House”
VP of engineering
Formed two working teams, implemented infrastructure and necessary tools for development, testing and deploy. Developed the two-ways exchange system with SAP. Oversaw the creation of the universal system of entering and storing information about company's products.
“Kvakka” social network
VP of engineering, Architect, Co-founder
Started as a cofounder and developed first version from the ground. Implemented full production process includes CI and deploy. Now participate as a supervisor, devops, and architect in the engineering team at kvakka.com.
Master's degree, Computer Technologies and Control Systems.
Institute of fine mechanics and optics (IFMO), Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
Anabin rating H+ (Nationale Forschungsuniversität für Informationstechnologien, Mechanik und Optik).
Certified master of Agile/SCRUM.
Project management courses from Askhat Urazbaev, ScrumTrek.